[CP2K-user] Real-time TD-DFT - questions

Bernardo Cardoso beda... at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 12:19:09 UTC 2019

Hey everyone!

I've been trying to use CP2K's real-time propagation to get some absorption
spectra and I had a couple of questions/problems.

I initially looked up an example on RT-TDDFT using NWChem (
http://www.nwchem-sw.org/index.php/Release66:RT-TDDFT#Absorption_spectrum_of_water)
and a some CP2K input examples (
https://www.cp2k.org/exercises:2016_summer_school:excited,
10.1021/acs.jctc.6b00398 <https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jctc.6b00398>) and
tried to get the water absorption spectrum.

However, I couldn't get spectra looking like one on the NWChem example or a
recent paper using CP2K (10.1063/1.5095631
<https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5095631>).

What do you recommend I tune to get a more accurate spectrum? Also, what
kind of Fourier transform tool do people use to treat the moments output?

Thank you all,
Bernardo