[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12445] How to apply homogeneous finite electric field via the modern theory of polarizability

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Oct 31 17:01:28 UTC 2019

Hi

no, this is the Berry phase approach.
See the manual for more information and links to the relevant papers.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

I think PERIODIC EFIELD means the potential is saw-like.  So it cannot be used for simulation of bulk water.

Is there another alternative method?

Best,
Justin

在 2019年11月1日星期五 UTC+8上午12:31:09,jgh写道:
Hi

have a look at this input section

CP2K_INPUT / FORCE_EVAL / DFT / PERIODIC_EFIELD

Universität Zürich                   E-mail: h... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland