[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12439] Divergence of Broyden mixing method without OT

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Oct 31 11:42:49 UTC 2019

Hi

if the restart with Diagonalization is not converged, this means
that your OT has converged to an excited state (assuming no other trivial
mistakes of handling files etc.).

You can check this with this procedure:

1) converge using OT
2) restart using Diagonalization, do only 1 SCF step
3) restart using OT, you should now get a lower energy.

This usually is possible for systems with a very small gap.
Try Diagonalization using smearing in that case.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland