[CP2K-user] Molecules moving out of simulation cell in AIMD simulation

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 15:01:01 UTC 2019

Hi,

CP2K dumps unwrapped coordinates, so they are not imaged back into the box
if they drift beyond. A simple way to get a wrapped trajectory is to dump
DCD files during MD, then use the dumpdcd.f90 script in tools/ to dump a
wrapped DCD (-pbc option). I don't recommend writing XYZ format
trajectories for MD. Write DCD and convert. Way easier to strip info than
to add it back in.

-T