[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12546] NEL values

Jiapeng Liu sunta... at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 01:41:49 UTC 2019

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if there is a mistake. In both spin
configurations, the NEL value of 4s orbital is -2 for both ALPHA and BETA.
Is this correct as only 2 electrons are there in 4s orbital? Also, I am not
very clear on how to configure the 3d orbital to satisfy the high-spin or
low -spin state. Can you give me some explanation? Thanks very much.

Regards,
Jiapeng