[CP2K-user] Error: Cholesky decompose failed: the matrix is not positive definite or ill-conditioned.

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 04:48:43 UTC 2019

Hi,

It can often be helpful to center your system at least initially in the box
when running gas phase calculations,

  &TOPOLOGY
   COORD_FILE_FORMAT XYZ
   COORD_FILE_NAME foo.xyz
   CONN_FILE_FORMAT off

*   &CENTER_COORDINATES   &END CENTER_COORDINATES*
  &END TOPOLOGY

Try both the MT and WAVELET solvers to see if perhaps one is more stable or
can use a smaller box.

-T