[CP2K-user] Convergence problem- MD calculation for metal surface

Kevin amin.ja... at gmail.com
Mon May 13 11:04:22 UTC 2019

Dear Matt,

Thank you very much for the time that you put in to my question.
Actually I want to know why it doesn't work when I use smearing instead of
OT method. I tried to look it up 'what is the "Bad condition number
R_COND = 0.000E+00" error?' but couldn't find any useful information. I
think if I can manage to get the system running with smearing (while using
DFTB or PM6) I can get the results that I seek. Any idea about PM6?

Kind regards,

Kevin