[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11464] Re: Water-bilayer/Metal interface - Ab intio MD

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 18:28:50 UTC 2019

Hi,

The potentials you apply are only zero at their nodes (z=8 and z=55) and
they are non-zero everywhere else in your box, explaining the windswept
appearance of your water hydrogens. You would need to supply a cube file
with these potentials evaluated numerically at each grid point for z < 8
and z > 55 and zero in between. Even so, the bilayer will decompose before
making contact with the barrier, so I'm not sure this approach is better
than just simulating with the aqueous phase as you did previously. You can
also simulate with 2D PBC using the wavelet solver and place a 2 nm slab of
water on only one side of the oxide (then a bit of vacuum for the densities
to trail to ~0 near the boundary in the non-periodic axis), see page 66 of
https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-01839221/document for an example of
what this setup looks like.

-T