[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11422] Spin-polarized Calculations (and Charge)

Krack Matthias (PSI) matthia... at psi.ch
Fri Mar 15 11:25:16 UTC 2019

Hi Brian

CP2K allows for non-spin-polarized calculations with an odd number of electrons only if smearing is activated. If such a setting makes sense for non-metallic systems is another issue. You perform in that way a kind of constraint ROKS-type calculation, since you have only one set of spatial wave functions. I doubt, that the results, especially for non-metallic systems, will be similar with and without LSD for most of the cases.

Matthias