[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11404] Error in convergence for cp2k 6.1.0

Tiziano Müller tiziano... at chem.uzh.ch
Tue Mar 12 12:47:29 UTC 2019

Hi Rajdeep Paul,

Since you didn't attach the input file nor the complete output we have
to guess:
>From the EXIT STRING "Bus error (signal 7)" and your description that
the error occurs spuriously I would guess it to be a problem either on
the hardware/node side or a problem with the generated machine code
(compiler, support libraries). To rule out the latter I would suggest to
run the regtests and maybe some benchmark. On the other hand you might
just want to talk to your local IT guys.

Best,
Tiziano