[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11366] Process for submitting changes to the CP2K source code

Tiziano Müller tiziano... at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Mar 4 18:03:28 UTC 2019

Dear Fiona,

it seems you stumbled over yet another old reference to our previous
version control system [1] :(

Yes, we moved over to Git and use GitHub to host our main repository:

   https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k

* The main process to submit changes is by sending Pull Requests from a
fork on GitHub to the CP2K master branch. There is a Continuous
Integration system in place to check conventions and running some checks
on the PRs.
* We use `git rebase` to keep the Git history linear, meaning that in
your final Pull Request there can't be any merge commits [2]
* To apply our coding conventions on your changes, run `make pretty &&
make doxify`.

Please let us know if you need more information. There is also the
dedicated CP2K developer mailinglist you could sign up [3].

Best regards,
Tiziano

[1] https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/issues/10
[2] https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/wiki/Git-Tips-&-Tricks