[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11831] Density of State Calculation for graphite (DOS)

Patrick Gono patri... at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 15:05:22 UTC 2019

Dear Nimali,

The problem lies in the way you specify your cell parameters.
The keyword SYMMETRY HEXAGONAL in section &FORCE_EVAL &SUBSYS &CELL assumes *(a
= b ≠ c, α = β = 90°, γ = 60°) *(as per the input manual). However, you
chose to orient your hexagonal cell along the y axis. It is this clash that
results in the rather cryptic error. Consider reorienting your cell; or
simply remove the SYMMETRY HEXAGONAL keyword.

By the way, orthogonal cells, apparently, result in faster calculations.
Since you plan to simulate a large system (1200 atoms), you could also
consider to transform your hexagonal cell into an orthogonal one.

Yours sincerely,
Patrick Gono