[CP2K-user] Restarting path integral MD simulation (PIGLET)

Unmesh Mondal unmesh... at students.iiserpune.ac.in
Fri Jun 7 04:38:04 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I am running a path integral MD simulation using GLE thermostat (PIGLET)
with RPMD real time propagator. Every time I restart the calculation, I get
sudden jumps in the the different quantities (Temp, potential energy,virial
kinetic energy and conserved quantity).

I have incorporated the following tags for restart:
SCF_GUESS RESTART
and
&EXT_RESTART
  EXTERNAL_FILE ./TPA-1.restart
&END EXT_RESTART

and "WFN_RESTART_FILE_NAME" is commented out to use the default as in path
integral simulation generates "2n" (n=number of replicas) number of
different restart wavefunction files.

Can someone help me out with this issue? Attaching the input
file(pimd_glet.in), the file(test-energy-1.dat) for the above mentioned
quantities along with a figure for the same.

Thanks
Unmesh Mondal
IISER Pune, India