[CP2K-user] PIMD with CP2K

Yun An anyu... at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 16:39:04 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I want to perform PIMD with cp2k, according to the manual, one can add a
PINT session to run path integral simulations; also, can use i-PI mode
DRIVER. What is the difference between those two, is that in principle they
both can do PIMD? I tried a H2O molecule with run_type of PINT, then I got
centroid-pos-1.xyz and centroid-vel.xyz, I thought the centroid-pos-1.xyz
is the atom positions of each replica, but what is the meaning of
centroid-vel.xyz?  Also, I want to see the trajectories, is this directly
given in centroid-pos-1.xyz or one need to use some script to transform,
because from current centroid-pos-1.xyz , the atoms are not quantum at all.

Thank you all in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Yun