[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11989] How does CP2K perform BZ integration

Patrick Gono patri... at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 11:40:29 UTC 2019

Dear Nam,

Yes, by default, only the gamma point is sampled and you need to converge
with respect to the size of your supercell.

Multiple k-points are implemented, but you might encounter difficulties
with certain methods or approaches that are not conmpatible with multiple
k-point calculations:
https://www.cp2k.org/faq:kpoints

For an example, see this tutorial:
https://www.cp2k.org/exercises:2016_uzh_cmest:band_structure_calculation