[CP2K-user] Install SPGLIB

Mohamed Ahmed mohamed... at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 09:21:59 UTC 2019

Good day Ladies and Gentlemen

I am working on a solid-state chemistry project. I requested CP2K to print
the crystal symmetry information through the & PRINT &SYMMETRY
SYMMETRY_ELEMENTS keyword in the &SUBSYS section only to get an output file
with one line saying "SPGLIB for Crystal Symmetry Information determination
is not availale" (the word "available is misspelled in the file).

What is the best course of action to make SPGLIB available to CP2K *without*
removing and re-installing CP2K with SPGLIB? I originally installed CP2K
using 'aptitude'. So, as you may infer, I am not very familiar with the
intricacies of installing and uninstalling packages in Linux, but I am
willing to learn.

Thank you very much in advance and best regards.

Mohamed