[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11946] Ionic crystals with GFN-xTB

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Jul 4 16:01:38 UTC 2019

Hi

we also found that xTB is rather unstable for some systems/atom types.
We think this is mainly due the 3rd order Coulomb term and the
value of gamma (its proportionality factor).
Currently, I don't have an easy solution ready. In your case I would
start with some test calculations on the simple molecules, e.g. CaF2.
You can then try to re-parameterize the atoms (or just the metal?).
You can add the parameters to the input file (see examples in the regtests)
for easy changes.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland