[CP2K-user] Difficulty in geometry convergence for a single H2O molecule with the SCCS module

Ivan Clayson i.g.c... at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 10:23:13 UTC 2019

Hello,

I have been trying to get the SCCS module to successfully converge to a
final geometry but I am having difficulty in converging both the energy of
the structures and the energy gradient during a geometry optimisation of a
single molecule of water in a large fixed box.
I've lowed the EPS_SCCS tolerance and changed my geometry minimiser but I
haven't been able to successfully converge my structure to within the my
tolerances (about half the default geo-opt values). I've also been using
the Fattebert-Gygi model and attempts with the Anderussi approach have also
not been successfully. Are they any recommendation that anyone has that I
can do to aid my structural convergence?