[CP2K-user] CPASSERT error during CI-NEB calculation

lar... at lbl.gov lar... at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 28 22:09:18 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to run a CI-NEB simulation on a simple Diels-Alder reaction. I
have no problem running it when I don't use any collective variables.
However, when I try to use CVs, and consequently set POT_TYPE ME (instead
of FULL), I get the following error:

 *   ___
   *
 *  /   \
    *
 * [ABORT]
   *
 *  \___/                             CPASSERT failed
    *
 *    |
    *
 *  O/|
    *
 * /| |
    *
 * / \
motion/neb_types.F:100 *

I tried a decreasing the tolerances, and other things as indicated here
(https://www.cp2k.org/faq:cholesky_decomp_failed) but nothing seems to
work. I noticed that my error comes from motion/neb_types.F:100 and
not fm/cp_fm_cholesky.F:94, so I don't know if the same applies.

There may be something I am doing wrong (or not doing) regarding the CVs,
given that the same exact same settings (basis sets, systems, tolerances,
etc.) work fine when I don't use CVs. I have attached here the files. Any
help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Luis