[CP2K-user] energy fluctuation in GEO-OPT

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 14:49:22 UTC 2019

Either the structure or the DFT setting must have serious problems, since
the SCF is never converging.
For example in SUBSYS you use "periodic none" with a box of 15 Å, but your
system seems to be larger than that.
On the other hand, POISSON is still using PBC.  What do you want to model,
an isolated subsystem of a crystal?
With such a wrong electronic structure you cannot expect any meaningful
evaluation of the forces.
Before starting the GEO_OPT you need to be able to get a reasonable
electronic structure of the initial state.

Regards
Marcella