[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11257] DF2 van der Waals (vdW) and XC functionals

Patrick Gono patric... at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 15:17:39 UTC 2019

Dear Ronald,

Thank you so much for your help. What you write makes perfect sense.
> However, I am still stymied by the example, as it seems to include two
> exchanges and two correlations.
> XC_GGA_X_RPW86 includes both exchange and correlations

Please, feel free to ignore the leading XC_. Only the _X_ or _C_ in the
middle of the value specify exchange or correlation, respectively. You can
find all the available functionals (be it exchange, correlation, or both)
here:
https://tddft.org/programs/libxc/functionals/

You can run the exact same calculation leaving out the leading XC_ in your
functional specifications. I am not entirely sure why it is like this,
probably some holdover from an older version of LibXC or CP2K?
Nevertheless, I hope this clears up the issue.

Yours sincerely
Patrick Gono