[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11230] Cell optimization of layered material, convergence vs K_POINTS

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Wed Feb 13 13:29:14 UTC 2019

Hi

just a few suggestions that might help:

1) use EPS_DEFAULT 1.e-12 for additional numerical stability
2) use &REF_CELL with a cell of about the size of the largest cell expected
   this improves numerical stability by enforcing a constant number of grid points
3) use OPTIMIZER LBFGS
   I think it is more stable

best regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland