[CP2K-user] How does work on the EXTERNAL_POTENTIAL

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 15:48:12 UTC 2019

Dear Ning,

It is a very simple potential, which is zero at the center of the Cartesian
system, and grows as a power 4 of the square of the atomic coordinates,
with a very small prefactor.
 Just plot it to see how it grows and in which range it is negligibly small.
This definition assumes that the molecular system is centred at 0, and it
is not extending beyond the range where the potential is still negligible.
Regards,
Marcella