[CP2K-user] Calculating vibrational modes of a CO2 molecule

Anantha Venkatraman anantha... at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 22:25:30 UTC 2019

Hello,

I have been running into trouble when I attempt to calculate the
vibrational modes of an optimized CO2 molecule (PBE functional, DZVP basis
set) in CP2K version 6.1 using the "VIBRATIONAL_ANALYSIS" keyword (error
attached below).

Why this is happening? I am unsure if this is because of the linearity or
symmetry of the molecule, I have tried to change the symmetry but I still
receive the same error (attached below) within 2 seconds of the calculation
run.

I have also attached the input and output files in this message. Any help
will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Anantha

*Error obtained:*

 *   ___
   *
 *  /   \
    *
 * [ABORT]
   *
 *  \___/                             CPASSERT failed
    *
 *    |
    *
 *  O/|