[CP2K-user] QM/MM Metadynamics for reaction mechanism using cp2k

Shobhit Chaturvedi shob... at mtu.edu
Fri Aug 30 21:56:58 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I am trying to set up QM/MM Metadynamics for reaction mechanism
calculations in enzymes using cp2k (new to cp2k and metadynamics). When
starting from the reactant, the QM/MM metadynamics calculation reaches to
the TS geometry (229.5 ps in the log file) but does not cross over to
product. The calculations return to the reactant geometry. I have done the
same calculation successfully with the same reactant geometry in ChemShell
using QM/MM adiabatic mapping. I have attached the input script and
metadynamics log file for reference. Is there any problem with my input
parameters?

Thank you in advance.