[CP2K-user] total energy positive

lara kabalan laraka... at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 13:04:59 UTC 2019

Dear All,

I am trying to optiomise a structure using cp2k (I am very new to it), what
I am optaining is a positive total energy, I have tried to change in the
cutoff (increase it), changing in the optimiser without any success, the
system is not charge it however if I look on the output it shows the charge
is 678, and I can see that the structure will de destroyed at certain point,

here is the input

&GLOBAL
   PROJECT test      ! Project name, remember to change it for each
calculation
   RUN_TYPE GEO_OPT
   PRINT_LEVEL MEDIUM
&END GLOBAL

&FORCE_EVAL
  METHOD Quickstep
  STRESS_TENSOR ANALYTICAL
  &DFT
   BASIS_SET_FILE_NAME  BASIS_MOLOPT
   POTENTIAL_FILE_NAME  GTH_POTENTIALS

    &MGRID              ! section required to define the cutoff of the
grids in the program
      NGRIDS  4
      CUTOFF 700        ! for this system the default value is too small
      REL_CUTOFF 50
    &END MGRID          ! and can lead to non-physical results

    &QS
      EPS_DEFAULT 1.0E-8
      METHOD GPW
    &END QS

    &PRINT              ! section required to obtain the HOMO-LUMO gap.
       &MO_CUBES
       WRITE_CUBE .FALSE. ! no cube file is generated
       NHOMO 1            ! but we require 1 HOMO and 1 LUMO  in the output
       NLUMO 1            ! so that we get the band gap
       &END
    &END

    &SCF
      SCF_GUESS RESTART