[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12072] Band structure with hybrid functionals

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Fri Aug 9 14:45:28 UTC 2019

Hi

no, you cannot use the &BAND_STRUCTURE feature with hybrid functionals.
It will attempt to setup a KS matrix for the requested k-points, but
the HFX part is missing.

If you do a gamma point hybrid calculation of a multiple unit cell
you can get the band energies. In principle you could unfold the
band energies, but you have to know which energy belongs to which
band at a unfolded k-point.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland