[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12049] Re: Cell Optimization does not work in QM

Pierre Cazade pierre.a... at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 17:00:56 UTC 2019

Dear Dirk,

Thank you for your answer. I went through the tutorial about CUTOFF and
RELCUTOFF. That's how I came up with CUTOFF=1400 and RELCUTOFF=80. I
also tried CUTOFF=400 and RELCUTOFF=60. It does not change the problem
when it comes to the cell optimization. Furthermore, I have, to some
extend, a similar issue on the large crystal using DFTB. Please have a
look at the input files, there might be a silly mistake I make or a
missing keyword, I am not aware of.

Regarding the tutorial, it is far from being helpful as the criterion to
decide if CUTOFF and RELCUTOFF are appropriate is rather
undefined/unspecific. Anyway, I have exhausted the resources available
on CP2K website before asking on the forum.

Thanks again,
Pierre

--
Dr Pierre Cazade, PhD