[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11473] Re: Water-bilayer/Metal interface - Ab intio MD

Anna Anic aan... at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 09:35:58 UTC 2019

Hi,

Thank you for all the help/suggestions. So I decided to simply run the
simulation with a fully solvated box. I also included smearing, as this is
a metallic system. To set the timestep equal to 1fs  I used the deuterium
mass for the hydrogen atoms  (I also tried with the normal H-atom and 0.5
fs timestep). The calculations always start with no problem but also always
stop at a certain MD step. The error file says it is a segmentation fault,
but I have no clue what this implies: is it my input file, or some
compilation error (I never compiled cp2k on my own). I included my geometry
file - frame.xyz the cp2k.in/out  and the error file. Would appreciate any
suggestions.

Greetings,
Anna