[CP2K-user] Approaching performance issues within CP2K

ar26... at gmail.com ar26... at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 08:30:44 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I'm having some performance issues with CP2K after a maintenance performed
in the cluster I'm using. I'm performing DFTB calculations and I'm using
one single node. Before the maintenance I obtained a time per frame profile
like *before_maintenance.png*, with an average time per frame of 0.066 s;
and after the maintenance, a profile like *after_maintenance.png, *with an
average of 0.5 s (10 times slower!) and pretty unstable.  Other weird
things happens like *weird_job.png*, where you have normal slow frames,
super slow frames and a window where the calculations went fast as they
should. Everything for the same job, node, input file and slurm script.
Actually, this window was replicated in all my other running jobs at the
same time and for the same time length, so something happened globally in
the cluster that allowed calculations to run fast for a period of time.

I'm working with the administrator of the cluster to debug the problem, but
my questions is: How can I approach this problem as a CP2K user? I want to
discriminate if is a problem of mpi, hard drive or memory access, or other
thing, so I can give the administrator more info of the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro.