[CP2K-user] choice of preconditioner and accuracy

Daniele Fontanari danielef... at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 08:26:43 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I noticed, when testing MD and GEO_OPT runs on a system with around ~1000
atoms, that each SCF step can take considerably less if I switch from
FULL_ALL to FULL_KINETIC inside FORCE_EVAL / DFT / SCF / OT /
PRECONDITIONER.
I was wondering if the choice might impact also accuracy of results for the
convergence of the SCF, leading to possibly wrong results (expecially for
md) or if the convergence is essentially the same with all method.

cheers