[CP2K-user] [CP2K:10848] Equation of State calculations for Na2S Crystal

Aniruddha Dive anirudd... at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 21:19:14 UTC 2018

Hi Juerg,

Yeah I am using the same k-point settings in all calculations. With GAPW I
am getting a much closer match with VASP optimized lattice parameters but I
am getting the charge density on grid to decrease with each step during
optimization reaching a final value of 0.0000005694 whereas with GPW I do
get a very low value of charge density on grid but the lattice parameters
are slightly lower than those obtained through VASP. Do I need to use GAPW
of the GPW method to calculate the equation of state energies? Also for the
GAPW method do I need to increase the cutoff so as to decrease the value of
charge density on grid?

Thanks,
Aniruddha M Dive