[CP2K-user] Bond Dissociation Energy Calculation

Aniruddha Dive anirudd... at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 18:18:36 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I am trying to calculate the bond dissociation energy of Si-S bond using
CP2K. Please find attached my input file for the same.

I am initially performing a geometry optimization of a SiH3-SH molecule to
calculate the equilibrium Si-S bond length. Once I have the equilibrium
bond length, I am varying the Si-S distance from 1.5 A to 7.5 A. I rerun
geometry optimization for these different structures keeping the Si and S
atoms fixed while allowing the other H atoms to relax.

Kindly let me know if this input files and approach looks good. I am
getting the bond dissociation energy to be 100 kcal/mol whereas the
literature value is ~ 145 kcal/mol

Regards,
Aniruddha M Dive
Phd Candidate