[CP2K-user] Asking for your help: How to let an atom to move with constant speed (velocity) in CP2K?

yghua... at gmail.com yghua... at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 11:59:40 UTC 2018

Hi, everyone:

I am trying to simulate the transportation of atom ( or ion) through a
membrane, in which the scalar speed  (mode of velocity) should be set as
constant.
But I really do not know how to set this constant speed condition in CP2K.
If you have any idea, please give me a hand. Many thanks!

If this is difficult, I should also try the second best as set the Velocity
in a direction as constant.
I am wondering whether I can constrain the the distance of the atom to a
fixed point to be increased at specific value in each time step?

In the following example, I *set a constrain *on the distance in the x
direction from No.409 atom to the fixed point at (4,  7, 7) to *increase
0.01 Angstrom with each MD step*.

such as :

#-----Colvar-------
   &COLVAR
       *&Distance*
       &Point
        Atoms 409
        Type Geo_center
       &End Point
       &Point
        Type Fix_point
        xyz [angstrom] 4  7 7
       &End Point
       Points 1, 2
       Axis x
       &END Distance

   &END COLVAR
  &END SUBSYS

 &MOTION
#===================
   &Constraint
    &Collective
     Colvar 1
     Intermolecular
     #Target 25
     Target_Growth  0.01
    &End Collective
    Constraint_init .True.
    &Constraint_info
     Filename = constraint.inf
    &END Constraint_info
   &END Constraint
#===================
    &MD
     ENSEMBLE NVE
     STEPS 500
     TIMESTEP 0.1
  &END MD

But it seems does not run as I thinking.

Thanks for any reply, suggestion and comment.
Best regards,

Y. Huang

Nanjing University

 are welcome and