[CP2K-user] [CP2K:10343] transition dipole moment

Nuri Yazdani nuri.a.... at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 11:31:18 UTC 2018

Hi Prof. Hutter,

I am trying to do such calculations. I have printed out the MOS from my
calculations to do this, however, I am quite confused by the spatial
representation and ordering of the d-orbitals...

I am using the MOLOPT-DZVP basis set. For example, for Cs
DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH 1 2 0 2 6 3 2 1, I have 3x S, 6x P, and 5x D orbitals
(this counting is also consistent with the length of my MOSs).

The S and P orbitals I can construct from the basis set, and (if CGS are a
linear combination of gaussians) the p orbitals are px = x*CGS, py = y*CGS,
pz =z*CGS, however, what is the ordering and form of the d orbitals?? i.e.
what is r^2 equal to in each of the 5 last lines of this page:
https://www.cp2k.org/basis_sets?

Cheers,
Nuri