[CP2K:10331] Re: Define occupation in CP2K

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:37:56 UTC 2018

Hi,

this isn't 'just' defining an occupation pattern. This is a whole different
thing from standard SCF calculation. DFT works for ground state - if you
want to find a particular state that might not be the ground state for a
functional, then things get weird.

What I think you want can be done in various ways: maybe ROKS (which would
be the DFT equivalent of ROHF that maybe you mean?); occupations in OT; or
via the MOM keyword. However, these are not regularly used to my knowledge
and you will need to clearly know what you are doing to use them.

Matt