Error in GW: Self-consistent quasi-particle solution not found

Jan Wilhelm stob... at googlemail.com
Wed May 9 16:29:37 UTC 2018

Hi Jan-Niclas,

thanks for your interest in GW in cp2k. The input as shown in the tutorial
is only working properly for truly 3d systems without vacuum. For 1d
periodic systems, I recommend to do finite-size calculations with finite
strips of your polymer, see e.g.
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jpclett.7b02740. In Fig. 3 (c) you
see, that the gap is converged already for ~ 5 nm length, which is in your
case roughly 80 atoms which should be doable on ~ 10 nodes. If you really
want to do the periodic calculation, I rather would recommend to use
BerkeleyGW, VASP or Jambo (but avoid plasmon-pole models!).

I hope that helps. If you have further questions, you are welcome to write.

Cheers,

Jan

Jan Wilhelm, E-mail: wilhelmjan (AT) web.de