CP2K Intel Compiler Build Issues

Zeke P ezekielp... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:20:53 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have been trying to work with our cluster support people here to install
CP2K with intel compilers and I have been having difficulty getting an
executable that passes the regtest.

Here are the regtest results I am getting:

-----

Summary of the regression tester run from 2018-03-21_17-21-50 using
Linux-x86-64-intel-ku popt

Number of FAILED  tests 165

Number of WRONG   tests 1003

Number of CORRECT tests 1524

Number of NEW     tests 10

Total number of   tests 2702

-----

We have compiled CP2K/5.1 using the following arch makefile (created by our
cluster support)

-----

INTEL_INC = $(MKL_ROOT)/include/fftw

INTEL_LIB = $(MKL_ROOT)/lib/intel64

CC = mpiicc

FC = mpiifort

LD = mpiifort

AR = xiar -r

DFLAGS = -D__INTEL -D__FFTSG -D__FFTW3 -D__FFTMKL -D__parallel -D__BLACS
-D__SCALAPACK

CPPFLAGS = -C -traditional $(DFLAGS) -I$(INTEL_INC)

FCFLAGS = $(DFLAGS) -I$(INTEL_INC) -O2 -xHost -heap-arrays 64 -fpp -free
-unroll -pc 64 -convert big_endian -nofor_main

LDFLAGS = $(FCFLAGS)

LIBS = -L$(INTEL_LIB) -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core
-lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64

OBJECTS_ARCHITECTURE = machine_intel.o

-----

That being said - we aren't having much success. During compilation we are
getting remark 8291 which states "Recommended relationship between field
width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is
'W>=D+7'."  Could this be causing the problem? I am attaching the error
summary output by the regtest in case that would help.

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have - it is very likely that we
are missing something stupid that is causing the compilation trouble.

Thanks so much,

Zeke Piskulich