[CP2K:10109] Re: cp2k hangs with large system

Nico Holmberg holmbe... at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:02:29 UTC 2018

Hi,

I don't have access to a working Intel binary at the moment but, as you
said, there is nothing obvious wrong with the input file because it starts
running without issues on my gnu binary. Has your Intel binary worked with
other input files and does it pass the regression test suite that is
distributed with the CP2K installation? Could you post the arch-file that
was used to compile the binary including full versions of all the
libraries/compilers?

To try and find where the program hangs, you could try activating the TRACE
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/GLOBAL.html#TRACE> keyword which
prints out the list of subroutines the calculation accesses in sequential
order. The output file will be quite large.

- Nico