Excited state geometric optimization and maximum overlap method

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 20:01:19 UTC 2018

Hi Yifei,

everything you say is correct. We believe that the MOM method is
implemented correctly, but it does not seem to reliably converge to excited
states if other states are nearby. Sometimes changing the guess / alpha /
other settings helps, but nothing systematic.

We are starting to work on TDDFT gradients, but there is no facility at the
moment.

In some cases you may be able to use ROKS, but I know very little about
that method.

Matt