Periodic boundary conditions

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 10:07:42 UTC 2018

CP2K does not wrap molecules back into the box when writing an MD
trajectory - so you can see the 'diffusion' of a molecule. This can be
useful for analysis.

Whether you expect molecules to diffuse that far depends on the system /
length of simulation time. You could try running a small box of water with
classical MD and see how that looks.

As you note the molecule _is_ wrapped back into the cell when all
calculations are done. You can safely wrap back into the cell for
visualization etc.

Matt