[CP2K:8462] Need advice for setting CP2K input for all electron CAM-B3LYP calculations

Samir ABDELOUAHED abdeloua... at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 12:28:13 UTC 2018

Dear Matt,
Thank you so much for the quick reply.
One of the powerful feature of cp2k (which is not available in most of the
other codes as far as I know) is the ability/possibility to use different
XC for different parts of the same material.
As I am going to study the adsorption of C60 on graphene/graphite I would
like to use B3LYP/PBE0 for C60 and PBE for graphene. This is because PBE is
suitable for graphene or metals while B3LYP does a great job for insulators
and molecules with a big HOMO-LUMO gap.
A very similar work is already published using cp2k for MgO on Ag(001):
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp311141k
As I have the same atom kind for C60 and graphene I don't really know how
to set B3LYP for C60 and PBE for graphene or Carbon cluster.
Many many thanks again for your help,
Samir