[CP2K:10364] Re: Converging cutoff with QMMM

Dawid das add... at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 4 08:45:46 UTC 2018

Hi Matt,

Thank you for explaining. I made some checks and it seems that QM/MM
electrostatic embedding does
influence the convergence of SCF energy.

Actually I couldn't converge my SCF energy when it includes QM/MM
electrostatic energy.
If I do calculations in gas phase for my QM subsytem (with hydrogen atoms
capping) then I can
converge the energy for GAPW (&QS &METHOD) with reasonable CUTOFF and
REL_CUTOFF
(400 Ry and 60 Ry, respectively) but for GPW approach the convergence comes
at much higher
values.

Best wishes,
Dawid Grabarek