EPS_SCF meaning

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 08:29:24 UTC 2018

Hi again,

it has a different meaning depending on whether you are running OT or a
full diagonalisation:

If OT, then it is the largest gradient of the energy with respect to
changing any of the molecular orbital coefficients.

If diagonalisation it is the largest change in the density matrix at the
last step.

This means that it should be set differently for the different types of
SCF. You can check how well converged the energy/forces are with different
settings.

Matt