reference position bug during dipole moment calculation?

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 16:34:34 UTC 2018

Hello,

not a complete answer to all your points (and I've not looked at the
files), but a couple of ideas.

(i) to get a good result for the non-periodic direction I'd suggest using a
non-periodic setup in that direction - life is much easier then. Personally
using the WAVELET poisson solver and XZ periodic boundary conditions has
been reliable (i.e.make the slab normal in Y direction). The slab need to
be centred at Y/2 in that case.

(ii) to get a dipole moment in a periodic direction you need to use the
berry phase dipole moment.

Matt