test fail with ifort 18.0.1, lots of wrong results

Alfio Lazzaro alfio.... at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 08:57:12 UTC 2018

Hi Yi Wang,
There are other posts in the forum where people are reporting problems with
ifort 18 (see for example

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cp2k/X5M2j6_vOe0/37ITJTTjAQAJ
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cp2k/LC8nGidw8bU/6uJvwjBsAAAJ

 ). From what I can understand, that version of the compiler is buggy.
Therefore, I'm surprised that you are reporting that it is working with
previous versions of CP2K..
Anyway, CP2K is not tested with this version of the intel compiler (we will
do the tests in the near future). What I can suggest you is to use -O0 for
compilation and see if the tests pass. Then you can try to increase the
optimizations (you can also try -fp-model source). Let me know if you can
find anything useful.

Best regards,

Alfio