Postdoc opportunities in the Prendergast Group at Berkeley Lab's Molecular Foundry

David Prendergast dgpren... at lbl.gov
Mon Feb 12 18:08:50 UTC 2018

The Prendergast Group <http://nanotheory.lbl.gov/people/prendergast.html>,
at Berkeley Lab’s Molecular Foundry <http://foundry.lbl.gov/>, has multiple
postdoc opportunities related to the study of dynamics in complex
materials. We are eager to recruit talented postdocs to work in the
following areas:
1. Molecular dynamics and force-field development for heterogeneous systems
2. Materials and ion transport - adiabatic and non-adiabatic processes
3. Multiscale studies of condensed phase interfaces
4. Ultrafast electron dynamics and advanced quantum-chemistry method
development
Our group excels in the development of computational methods that link
theory and experiment - establishing or validating atomic and molecular
scale mechanisms for observable phenomena. We welcome postdocs with a
strong desire to collaborate with other groups while developing new
approaches to explore complex materials and their electronic/atomic
structure. We encourage applicants with a strong programming background and
expertise in the use of high-performance computing to drive their research
in combination with excellent presentation skills and a strong track record
for publishing their research in peer-reviewed journals. Research
applications in our group range across the fields of electrochemistry,
electrical energy storage, solar harvesting, hydrogen storage, simulated
X-ray spectroscopy, ultrafast electronic and chemical phenomena, and the
structure and dynamics of hybrid (soft-hard, organic-inorganic,
solid-liquid, etc.) material systems.
Candidates must have obtained a PhD in physics, chemistry or materials
science (or a related discipline). Positions are available to be filled
immediately. Please send your CV to dgpren... at lbl.gov