Can anybody provide me coordinate file for MgO/Ag(100) surface for DFT calculations?

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 11:51:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

typically asking for coordinate files on this forum isn't going to be very
useful, it is more for discussing the actual mechanics of running CP2K.

That said, I've tried to upload a file that contains a MgO/Ag model. This
comes with no guarantee of correctness etc, but should show you what the
structure looks like.

What I wanted to say was be _extremely_ careful with basis sets for this
system. DZVP is not good. Try the new TZV2P molopt basis sets and see how
they perform vs the literature. Also pick a vdW functional carefully.

Matt