building on Power8 IBM HPC with gcc- fypp problems

Ada Sedova ada.a.... at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 01:40:20 UTC 2018

Hey,

I'm trying to build on a early access Power8 IBM with Red Hat Maipo, HPC
system, using gcc . No compiler wrappers, so it's not going as smoothly as
on a Cray. I stopped trying to use CUDA when I realized I couldn't even get
past the fypp -> f90.

It seems that although I don't have CPP set to anything in the arch file,
it's running the cc version for fypp with *.fypped >*.f90, instead of the
fortran version, like it did on the Cray. The strange thing is, all of the
.f90 files it creates are empty! Interestingly, the compiler still compiles
these empty files to basically empty binaries.

I'm pretty clueless about fypp, so I don't have any idea what to do about
this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
-A