[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11053] general normconserving UPF in CP2K

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Tue Dec 18 08:29:13 UTC 2018

Hi

there is minimal support for general normconserving pseudopotentials from UPF
in CP2K. The potentials are internally fit to a Gaussian form, similar
to the GTH pseudos. The accuracy of the fit has not been thoroughly
tested. It should work for most variants (semi-local, non-local) forms,
but again only minimal testing has been done.
There are plans to implement a direct integration of the UPF pp
sometime next year.
Another problem will be the available basis sets. You will need
to generate also those, or rely on the PBE-GTH optimized basis sets.

best regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland